The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.
- You'll find video video applications to the ELE as a bonus feature on the DVD. Some are funny; some are just stupid. And watch out for language (the strongest being g*dd*mn), sex jokes, and an evil rapping reverend puppet (don't ask). Also be sure to watch Commentary! The Musical (which includes some strong language up to the f-bomb) at least once.
-Well, he is a jerk.
- Anyone else think the guy who talked to Captain Hammer in the soup kitchen looked kind of like Shepard Book from Firefly?
She called him sweet. How is he sweet?
- The instrumental song that plays during Billy's heist isn't featured on the soundtrack.
Oh, goodness. Look at my wrist. I've gotta go.
-That's one way to get out of there.
- Briefly, there's a woman in the laundromat who looks like she could be Penny's mom or aunt or something.
Wow, sarcasm. That's original.
-Behold the irony.
- Anyone else notice how similar "Brand New Day" is to "Bad Horse Chorus"?
Spoilers on the way. Stop reading if you don't want to know plot points.
- The members of the Evil League of Evil are Dead Bowie, Fake Thomas Jefferson, Fury Leika, Tie-Die, Snake Bite, Professor Normal, and of course, Dr. Horrible and Bad Horse.
- Everything You Ever shares notes with Brand New Day (at the party) and Slipping (when he's putting on his new evil outfit). The latter also plays in the DVD menu.
- I've heard plans for a sequel. I'm wondering what it would be about. He already completed his goals and the love interest died, so what next? I do expect it to be darker than this one.
- The ending has a pretty horrible aftermath when you think about it. With Penny dead, the bad doctor has no reason to not be evil anymore. The nightmare's real, indeed.
© 2014 by M.R.R. All rights reserved.