Project Wonderful ad

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Thoughts, Theories, & Trivia:Marvel's The Avengers

This is a kind of post I like to call Thoughts, Theories, & Trivia. Basically, I take quotes, trivia, my own speculation and anything else that I think about a work but can't really put in a review. Speaking of which, you can read the review here.

There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure He doesn't dress like that.
-I've heard this called the best line in the movie.

  • Anyone else think Loki would make a good vampire? On that subject, it would probably be more of a curse to him than it would be to a human. He already has several of the benefits (like longevity), so he'd mostly get a lot of the bad stuff (sensitivity to sunlight, bloodlust, and so forth).

An ant has no quarrel with a boot.
-When a homicidal alien compares your race to insects, you should worry.

  • Out of all the Avengers, the one I feel most sorry for is Captain America. Imagine being asleep for 70 years and waking up into a world you don't know how to navigate. Not to mention everyone you know from the past is either elderly or dead. The guy I feel second most sorry for is Bruce Banner, with the whole Hulk thing destroying any possibility of a normal (or safe) life.

What if I say no?
I'll persuade you.
And what if the other guy says no?
-Will he?

  • Loki never uses his apparent invisibility from Thor. A possible reason for this is he was trying to draw attention to himself this time around. Hence, he would not want to be stealthy.

Stark tower is your baby. Give yourself 12% of the credit.
-12%?


  • This one is less Avengers-specific and more the universe in general. None of the heroes have a code against killing. Thor destroyed Frost Giants, Iron Man killed several villains, Black Widow used to not care who she used her skills on, Captain America was a soldier, Hulk's rampages undoubtedly caused deaths, and Hawkeye is called an assassin (and was sent to kill Black Widow). And who knows what's in Nick Fury's past.

Well, let me know if real power wants a magazine or something.
-How to deal with an arrogant captured alien.



Spoilers follow. If you haven't seen the movie, don't read past here or in the comments.

If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now.
-Admitting defeat.

  • You know why there was that gag thing covering Loki's mouth at the end? Because even captured he can do damage by talking and manipulating people. By preventing him from speaking, they have finished nullifying him as a threat.

I-I don't see how that's a party.
-Not surprising.

  • So what role does Death (the woman Thanos is in love with) play in this universe? I somehow doubt they're going to actually have her be something like the Grim Reaper.

Target angry! Target angry!
-Very much so!

  • If Loki had managed to gain mental control of Tony, would JARVIS have still let him use the suit? And if the answer is no, then Tony should consider himself lucky because I doubt Loki would find much reason to let him live after finding he was useless.

If you're interested, I also did these for Iron Man, Thor, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, and Captain America.

Don't worry about marking spoilers this time.


© 2014 by M.R.R.

2 comments:

Stepheny Houghtllin said...

Having fun blog hopping today. What will we do when the #Challenge is over….get back to my novel that sits waiting. What about you?

M.R. R. said...

@ Stepheny Houghtllin
Probably going to plan what I'll post for the next few months. And maybe try to finish a few of those drafts.