Project Wonderful ad

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

YouAnnoyMeTube

Earlier this month, I had complained about the shortcomings of YouTube and other Google sites. Today, it's not YouTube itself I'm whining about; it's the users. Here are a few of the things they do that drive me batty.

  • Get into debates and insult people. One of the most infamous features of YouTube is the easily offended and hostile commentators. Fortunately, I haven't seen this as much lately. Of course, this probably has something to do with the fact that I hardly read YouTube comments anymore.
  • Refuse to accept that not everyone has the same opinion as they do. That video got 10 dislikes? That means ten people who watched it have something wrong with them. And as mentioned, they love their debates.
  • Fail to make videos available on mobile. It's frustrating when I can't use my MP3 player to watch a video. I'm willing to bet this sort of thing is also bad for your view count.
  • Neglect to add a channel description. Come on, give me some idea about what you do. Or at least tell me when you update. Just add something.
  • Keep deleted videos on playlists. Every so often, go back to check on the playlists you've made and if a video got deleted, remove it.
  • Refuse to say what song they're using. Instead of saying "don't mention the song or artist in the comments," you could just say "The song is X by Y." That will save us all time.

Have you got anything else to add?

© 2014 by M.R.R.

No comments: