Project Wonderful ad

Saturday, May 10, 2014

I'm An Ambassador For Christ?

Someone reminded me that I'm an ambassador for Christ. Oh, it wasn't mean or a rebuke or anything like that. She called me a good one. And I think it's nice you think so. But the thought that I'm an example of what a follower of Jesus looks like, that I'm something people use as an example, scares me a little.

I mean me, as a representative of God's Son. I'm a pretty messed-up person. A selfish, scatterbrained, snippy one. But then I think about some of the big characters in the Bible. David got another man's wife pregnant, Peter denied knowing Christ, and Moses had a short temper. And remember Paul? The guy whose letters make up most of the New Testament? Before his conversion, he went around executing Christians.

If these people, these flawed and screwed-up people, could represent God Himself, then I don't see a reason I can't.

What about on this blog? I've posted plenty about entertainment and things that bug me, but not that much about God. I haven't had as much to say about God. Why not though? Let's be honest:My relationship with God is a big part of my life. So why is it harder to think of something to say?

What's the line between hiding my faith and beating you over the head with it? How do I unapologetically stand for what I believe without being obnoxious about it? I don't want to be one of those Christians that ignores their own faults. But I don't want to be one who avoids bringing up the big issues for fear of offending someone.

On that note, I'm going to start posting more about God and stuff related to God on Saturdays. All I ask is that when you inevitably have something you'd like to add, please do it calmly and politely. I don't like heated religious debates and I'd like to avoid them here.

© 2014 by M.R.R.

No comments: