- A lot of people to kill. I don't how many people live in New York, but I do know that's a whole lot of potential causalities in one place.
- It's an iconic place. At least for Americans.
- It lets us know things just got serious. You know things aren't going to be pretty when the Statue of Liberty is covered in a glacier.
- 9/11 parallels. Maybe?
- That's where most of the superheros seem to live. Name any big time superhero that lives in a non-fictional city. Odds are, they live in or near New York.
- Lots of stuff to destroy. Along with the many causalities and the iconic-ness of the place, there's a lot of things to smash, break, or blow to bits.
© 2014 by M.R.R. All rights reserved.