Project Wonderful ad

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

I Joined IWSG



Okay, so I signed up for IWSG. I've thought about it for a little while. But recently, I have been in need of some general encouragement.

But let's focus on problems I've had with my writing (which are mostly blog-related and will turn into random ramblings here). There's one series of posts I have trouble writing week after week (the ones specifically related to my beliefs as a Christian). I usually end up rushing them and they aren't as deep as I would like.

I've also got fanfiction on DeviantArt I've been working on but is far from complete. I haven't even finished the first chapter. I should watch the movie again anyway.

And a few minutes after I joined the group, I started thinking "But I write blog posts, not books." But then I thought, it's basically writing non-fiction or like writing a newspaper column. I doubt they'll throw me out for that. Besides, I get more traffic and some words of encouragement, and that's great.

So the point of this is that I could use a hug. Let's have a group hug.

Source


© 2014 by M.R.R.

7 comments:

annakindt said...

*Hug*
I sometimes feel insecure about my blog posts too. But with God's help we can get through it.

Blessings,
Nissa

Liza said...

Sending a hug. Welcome to IWSG! Writing is writing, whatever form it takes. If you love it, keep doing it, keep practicing it, keep trying it. Whether it's a blog post of a novel, you will only get better. Best wishes.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Welcome to the IWSG! If you write blog posts, you are still a writer. I'm also a Christian, so I'll have to stop by and see what else you blog about.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Happy you joined us. All writers are welcome.

DeviantArt? Sadly I just deleted my account there last month after 9 years. I just wasn't active anymore. But the writing group I established, The Writer's Meow, is still going strong.

M.R. R. said...

@ annakindt
Thanks.

@ Liza
Thanks. I will.

@ Alex J. Cavanaugh
See you soon.

@L. Diane Wolfe
That happens sometimes. Thanks for the welcome.

Rhonda Albom said...

LOL - I write blog posts and I am co-hosting this month. I am finally writing a book, but until it is done, I am a blogger. Wish I had words of wisdom on the post . . . however, I can send hugs.

M.R. R. said...

@ Rhonda Albom
Hugs are always appreciated.