Project Wonderful ad

Friday, August 29, 2014

When In Doubt...

Source


I've just been having some doubts. Sometimes I'm not sure if this is the right way. Sometimes I think some of the other Christians I meet are mean. Sometimes I don't know what I should do.

A while back, I was going to a Bible study. And I wasn't getting much from it. It was like showing up to what you'd think would be a feast and getting scraps. My friend suggested maybe I was there because my answers to their questions were helping someone else. And she might have been right. But I can't continue to metaphorically feed someone else while I myself starve. I guess the point I'm trying to make is I can't continue to go to the same place just because I feel obligated to. I need to know God is speaking to me.

I don't know what I want, really, but I know what I don't want. I don't want long lectures about what I should or shouldn't believe. I don't want people yelling at me about joining this religious or non-religious group. Some people say they found evidence God doesn't exist, others say they have evidence He does. At some point, you have to wonder who to believe.

I'm sorry if this is a little disappointing, but I'm not feeling that good lately. I need some sleep.


© 2014 by M.R.R.

2 comments:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Unfortunately people don't suddenly have it all together and do everything right just because they become a Christian. It takes time and everyone is at a different stage in their walk/growth. And under it all they are still fallable humans. That is why whatever church or class we are in, we have to focus first on the Word and The Lord and ask the Spirit's help to take the rest with a grain of salt.

May God lead and guide you to that place where you can be fed the meat and can feed others the milk.

M.R. R. said...

@ Barbara In Caneyhead
Thank you.