Project Wonderful ad

Friday, September 26, 2014

Beyond Help

Source

Have you ever seen someone struggling or in pain and had no idea how you were supposed to help them?

It's not a "just make it through the day and you'll come out fine" type of thing. We're talking serious issues that can't be resolved with a hug and a vacation. Things like abuse, thoughts of suicide, and more.

What am I supposed to do? Sure, I can pray for and encourage them, but is it enough? And I encounter many such issues over the internet, it's not like I can directly go to that person and be the shoulder to cry on. And they might not know me, so I don't know how they're going to take me saying "If you need to talk, I'm here." Maybe they'll appreciate it, but they might also think "I don't know you" or that it's creepy.

What do you do?

© 2014 by M.R.R.

No comments: