Project Wonderful ad

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Just Friends

Hello, faithful readers (and you new people too). Today I'm going to rant about society destroying the idea of platonic friendships.

The gender doesn't matter. If they care about each other, help each other, and spend much time together? It can't be because that's just what friends do, no, it has to be because they're in love. It always has to be, doesn't it?

I am sick of crap like this. Believe it or not, it is possible to care about someone without having romantic interest in them. And let me say that this applies especially to sibling relationships - stop assuming that there's anything going on between us. It's disgusting.

Honestly, we seem to have it all backwards. It's love, respect, and trust that defines friendship and then romantic love, not the other way around. If we could understand that, it would make things so much simpler.


© 2014 by M.R.R.

2 comments:

mockingBird said...

I couldn't agree more. I've just recently found your blog, and I love it. I run into this problem a lot, especially when it comes to being friends with the opposite gender. Everyone should read this!

M.R. R. said...

@ mockingBird
Thanks.