Project Wonderful ad

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

IWSG:Dreadlines


Because Wednesdays are my busiest day and because I'm lazy, I probably won't get around to visiting a lot of other blogs until tomorrow.

Deadlines just keep creeping up on me.

It happened with this very post. It happened with my Bible study lesson. Happened with another post I'm planning for next week. With my Christmas shopping. It will probably keep on happening. And when I think of getting right on it, I get distracted and forget. I've been cursed with my mother's memory. What is my issue? Procrastination? Forgetfulness? Laziness? All of the above?

I just need to get to work already. Focus. Get busy. Push myself to do stuff.

So how's your week going?

© 2014 by M.R.R.

11 comments:

S. L. Hennessy said...

I love deadlines and the sound of them slipping by haha. Yeah, deadlines are the worst and often missed on my part. Good luck trying to meet yours!

M.R. R. said...

@ S.L. Hennessy
Thanks.

Cherie Colyer said...

Funny how everything ends up due at the same time. That happens to me all the time too.

shelly said...

My printer stopped printing today. Last month, my computer went wonky-tonky on me. I'm way, way behind on getting writing projects done.

Thanks for stopping by and chatting with Hair Ball today. He and his brother get lonely when I go to my day job.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I suffer from all of those too! I just slowly get around when I can. It I worry too much about it, my brain gets all stuffed up and shuts down.

M.R. R. said...

@ Cherie Colyer
It's almost as though someone planned it that way.

@ shelly
My pleasure.

@ Elizabeth Seckman
Stuffy brain shutdown is a worry of mine.

Cynthia said...

Deadlines really do creep up on you.
That's why I try to plan early, although it's much easier said than done!

M.R. R. said...

@ Cynthia
Yep.

Andrew Leon said...

Learning to focus can be a big deal. I wish my 13-year-old would start getting the hang of it, but, man, it's like someone putting a beam splitter in front of anything he needs to do.

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Sometimes I think we just have so much to do the time gets away from us and that old deadlines there before we know it. I try to put everything on my calendar. But I forget to check. :)
Great post.

M.R. R. said...

@ Andrew Leon
I've had years to learn focus. Still haven't figured it out.

@ Beverly Stowe McClure
Something always gets forgotten, doesn't it?