Project Wonderful ad

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Gift Giving

Edited from this
You know the drill. During the holidays and birthdays, we open surprise gifts from each other.

Don't get me wrong. I like getting gifts, but I see some issues with the way we've set things up. To start, it encourages people (especially kids) to be spoiled, greedy brats. I personally have been one, and don't sit there smirking like you haven't.

Second is the whole surprise thing. For a month or so, I have to be careful when shopping with my relatives because I might accidentally see a gift they got me. And my memory can be terrible, but when it comes to things I don't really want to remember, guess what? I can't forget them. Which means I've got to act surprised about something I've actually known about for a while.

There's also the shopping I'll have to do. I'm not always sure what my friend/relative wants or already has. And not everyone is so kind as to give me a list. So, I end up having to guess.

Anyway, I really need to do some shopping or else it'll be New Year's before I have everything ready. Or I could just make everybody cookies.

Image credit:Rdsmith4 at Wikimedia Commons

So how much or how little stress does this aspect of December cause you?

© 2014 by M.R.R.

No comments: