Project Wonderful ad

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Job Hunt

I loathe job hunting.

First, half of the positions require a lot of qualities I don't have, like being comfortable with strangers, having good communication skills, and generally being cheerful and social all the time. I am not a people person, nor am I particularly cheerful.

Image credit:Open Clipart

Second, the actual interviews make me want to crawl under a table. And do you know one of the silliest questions they ask you? "What is your worst quality?"

I don't know about you, but there is no way I can answer that honestly and still have a shot at getting the job. Why do they think any applicant won't lie when asked that? Seriously, you think a person wanting you to hire them will confess that they're lazy or have a short temper, or anything that doesn't make them sound like a hard worker?

And without any income, I can't afford therapy.

Also, I recently found out that you'll soon be penalized on your taxes if you don't have healthcare, which is absolute crap. As if the country wasn't messed up enough.

It all makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry.

Image credit:Famileman at Wikimedia Commons
Let's hope things improve soon.

© 2015 by M.R.R.

No comments: