Project Wonderful ad

Monday, February 16, 2015

Breaking News

Why is when I try to stay informed, I just end up making myself upset?

All I seem to remember is the murders, the assaults, the child molesters, and every other negative thing. Not that the way the news is set up helps.

Part of the problem is that I don't know who to trust. Every places supplying news screws up at one point or another. It's human nature. But continuous failure to fact-check is a red flag. Nobody is %100 unbiased, but to some, pushing their agenda often seems more important than reporting what is actually going on.

And also, why do the people on the news feel the need to report on internet videos? How is that news? Honestly, if there's not controversy about the video, what more about it will I learn from you? And why is celebrity gossip more important than anything else?

So what's your opinion about the news?

© 2015 by M.R.R.

2 comments:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I seldom what news anymore. I can't stand it when I see or read a story about some tragic death of a young person or a man just trying to take care of his family. I feel like it has happened to my family. Makes me ill.

I try to stay informed on political issues, etc. from reading articles online and in our local papers. But I hear what you're saying.

M.R. R. said...

@ Barbara In Caneyhead
Yep.