Project Wonderful ad

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Album Review For Release The Panic:Recalibrated


Today, I shall review RED's album Release The Panic:Recalibrated (it's really a remix album).

Artist:RED

Songwriters:Josh Baker, Jason McArthur, Jasen Rauch, Hunter Lamb, David Hodges, Johnny Andrews

Genres:Rock, metal

Notes:Album art taken from Amazon.

General thoughts:From what I've heard, Release The Panic wasn't particularly popular among RED fans. One of the reasons was that it sounded different from a lot of their past music, partly from the lack of strings used. Whether or not you'll like this will largely depend on your opinion of the main album and remixes in general. If neither interests you or if you have a "it ain't broke" mentality, then this is not for you.

Overall, only a few fans need apply.

Track Listing

1. Run And Escape
Thoughts:This is the only song here that's really new, about breaking free from what's holding you back. Worth a listen.
2. Release The Panic
Thoughts:At first, it sounds sort of like "Death Of Me". I liked it.
3. Damage
Thoughts:I wasn't particularly fond of the original and this one adds little.
4. Hold Me Now
Thoughts:This is about the same quality as the first version. In fact, it took me a minute to even tell the difference.
5. So Far Away
Thoughts:Ditto.
6. Glass House
Thoughts:This continues the "neither better nor worse" trend.
7. As You Go
Thoughts:This is the only one with vocals that sound different from the main version. Wasn't too big on the original song, don't prefer this one.


So what did you think of it?

© 2015 by M.R.R.

3 comments:

Stephen Tremp said...

I haven't heard of this one. But after being married and having kids, its no wonder I don't get out much. But in a good way, of course.

Stephen Tremp
A to Z Co-host
R is for Reincarnation

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I just never could get into heavy metal music. Or even rock bands that screamed their lyrics rather than sang them. Even if it is gritty, I want some element of beauty in my music.
Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
with the A to Z Challenge

M.R. R. said...

@ Stephen Tremp
This seems to be one of those bands that you don't hear about a lot unless you look for news.

@ Barbara In Caneyhead
What I listen tends to vary depending on my mood. Beautiful, angry, sad, contented, and so forth.