No one thing on this list guarantees I won't revisit a blog. But they do negatively impact my opinion of one.
- Post one of those visitor trackers. Have you ever seen a gadget showing recent hits and their locations on a blog? Look, I know web companies and bloggers I visit already know my general location, but that doesn't mean I want it to be public knowledge.
- Failure to update. I'm much less inclined to visit if I don't see anything for months.
- Don't post a easy-to-navigate archive. I like to read what you've said before, so please let me do that without trouble.
- Post pictures wider than the post or the sidebar. There is nothing visually appealing about an image sticking out on a post too small.
- Send me to a page instead of the actual blog posts. Personally, I'm not a big fan of being directed to "welcome" pages.
© 2015 by M.R.R.