Project Wonderful ad

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Just A Lot Of Junk

Today I'll be talking about one of my biggest addictions/weaknesses:Junk food.

Image credit:Cory Doctorow

I can't go down any aisle with stuff like what's above without feeling tempted to buy some. It's not just an enemy to my health, it's an enemy to my savings. And if there's some kind of dessert (Oreos, marshmallows, etc.) laying out in the open, I'll probably take a couple when I walk by.

And one of the worst is my soda addiction. If I don't actively think "I'm skipping the soda today" (and sometimes even then), odds are I'll be having one before the day is out. And then I'll probably be tempted to have another.

Image credit:Public Domain Vectors

This is what they say to me.

The best I can do is eat some real food in addition to all the crap and get some exercise.

© 2015 by M.R.R.

11 comments:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I'm not tempted by the things in your photo. Mine is dark chocolate.

I drink a lot of coffee and soda.

I go through a lot of mints at work. Because I can't smoke inside.

Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
with the A to Z Challenge

M.R. R. said...

@ Barbara In Caneyhead
Unlike a lot of people, chocolate doesn't tempt me a whole lot. And at Christmas, I go through mini candy canes in a hurry.

Donna Davis said...

Mmmmmmm junk food! My vices are potato chips and just about anything chocolate :)

M.R. R. said...

@ Donna Davis
It's the fruity candy I tend to crave a lot.

Tanya Miranda said...

Just try to eat a single plantain chip. Just try. My weakness. Oh, and Guylians Seashells. Yummy Yum Yum!

M.R. R. said...

@ Tanya Miranda
No matter what you tell yourself, you never seem to have "just one".

Mary Montague Sikes said...

I'm not tempted by junk food but I love Pepsi MAX and drink about three a day. I try to compensate by healthy eating otherwise!

4wallsnaroof said...

I know exactly where you are coming from. I have the same problem with cookies! Christmas time is the worst! I do the same as you though, I make myself eat an orange and drink some water to balance it out! 😉

M.R. R. said...

@ Mary Montague Sikes
Gotta get caffeine and sugar.

@ 4wallsnaroof
Don't know how much it helps, but it does make me feel better about myself.

A GAL NEEDS said...

It's even worse when you get super hungry because of poor planning like I did, as found in my K Post! But hey, tomorrow is another day to try and eat better!

M.R. R. said...

@ A GAL NEEDS
And you feel so sick from sugar overload that you want to.