Project Wonderful ad

Monday, April 20, 2015

Keeping Silence

One of my greatest temptations is keeping quiet. Not speaking up when I see something wrong or unfair. Holding my tongue when I should be encouraging someone. Keeping my emotions inside and letting them boil when I should be sharing them. You get the idea.

How much good am I neglecting to do by just passing by without a word? Could it be helped? What if I say the wrong thing? What if I accidentally make things worse? What if the person hates me for it?

Do you the same problem? Or maybe the opposite?


© 2015 by M.R.R.

4 comments:

TheCyborgMom said...

Sometimes the best way to figure out whether you should be talking or not is to LISTEN first. Listening is better...I have to always keep this in mind because I'm a talker by nature. By listening, we can more easily see if the person we are with just needs to vent, or if they really are looking for words of encouragement or help. My teenage daughter is usually just looking to vent. Only sometimes will she want actual advice!
Katie @TheCyborgMom

M.R. R. said...

@ TheCyborgMom
Which reminds me, I could stand to work on my listening skills.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I would say that as long as you were saying something only out of love, to help or lighten the moment or encourage someone, you would be good to go. But if in doubt, breathe a little prayer and ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance.

Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
with the A to Z Challenge

M.R. R. said...

@ Barbara In Caneyhead
Always a good idea.