Project Wonderful ad

Saturday, April 18, 2015

People Are Paranoid


An edit of this

Is it just me, or are we all paranoid? I hear constantly about everything that's going wrong in our lives and the world, from the government, stalkers, heartless corporations, and foreign countries that want to kill us. There's so much chaos in the world, and it seems so hard to keep it all together.

Online privacy seems to be one of the big things here. We're always freaking out over what people can find out about us online. And I will admit it's scary. But remember way back when they were still making telephone books? You could find someone's address and phone number that way. And we're convinced everyone we meet face to face or online is a stalker/identity thief/rapist/serial killer. Yeah, we've got some really messed up people out there, but why does that mean we should fear everyone?

And germs. This one makes some sense, but at some point, you have to realize there's nothing you can do to completely protect yourself. If you disinfect everything too much, your body doesn't build up the necessary immunity. On the other hand, if you don't clean stuff enough, it increases the odds of you getting sick. There is no escape. Even without germs, everything will supposedly make us sick. Staying inside, going outside, eating certain foods, not exercising, do the wrong exercise, and on and on.

Will it ever end?

© 2015 by M.R.R.

13 comments:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I try to be prudent, but I'm not gonna waste my time actually worrying over any of it. In the end, my life is in God's hands and He'll either keep me from it or carry me through it.
Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
with the A to Z Challenge

M.R. R. said...

@ Barbara In Caneyhead
Yes, He will.

Kathleen Moulton said...

Visiting your blog through the A-Z challenge.

Very creative!

And yes, I agree with Barbara. :)

-Kathy

Kathleen Moulton said...

Visiting your blog through the A-Z challenge.

Creative!

And I agree with Barbara. :)

M.R. R. said...

@ Kathleen Moulton
Thank you.

T.F. Walsh said...

Cool post... and yes I can't agree more on how easy it is to let paranoia get the better of us.

M.R. R. said...

@ T.F. Walsh
It is, especially if you tend to overthink everything.

Stephen Tremp said...

Don't forget the Zombie Apocolypse.

M.R. R. said...

@ Stephen Tremp
That's not something I worry about, though it wouldn't surprise me if people did.

TheCyborgMom said...

I am so paranoid! Don't even get me started on the government conspiracy stuff!
Katie @TheCyborgMom

M.R. R. said...

@ TheCyborgMom
Who knows what they aren't telling us.

lorilmaclaughlin.com said...

I'm guilty of paranoia, too. After reading all the horror stories out there about perfectly normal-looking people doing terrible things, I find it hard sometimes not to mistrust people I meet. Are they really the nice people they seem to be or are they not? This is one of the reasons I took karate.

M.R. R. said...

@ Lori L MacLaughlin
I do tend to read/watch stories about seemingly friendly and innocent people are really killers or something else horrible. It can make a person wary of others.