Project Wonderful ad

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

X Is For...


Image source:Open Clipart

X is a hard letter to blog about without doing something like "X-tra" or "X-treme", so I just grabbed an old dictionary and wrote down the X words I found interesting.

Xanthippe:An ill-tempered woman
Xeric:An adjective to describe something containing or requiring little moisture
Xerophilous:Able to thrive or live in an xeric environment
Xi:The 14th letter of the Greek alphabet
Xu:A now-outdated South Vietnamese coin that functioned like the American cent


© 2015 by M.R.R.

6 comments:

Stephen Tremp said...

Xu. Now I know!

Stephen Tremp
A-Z Co-host
X is for Xenoglossy

M.R. R. said...

@ Stephen Tremp
And it's nice to know.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Well, now I know five X words I never knew before!
~ The end is in sight!!! ~
Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
with the A to Z Challenge

M.R. R. said...

@ Barbara In Caneyhead
I get the feeling we all learned at least one during our visits.

lorilmaclaughlin.com said...

Interesting words. I like learning new things. Thanks.

M.R. R. said...

@ Lori L MacLaughlin
You're welcome.