Project Wonderful ad

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Celebrate The Small Things:Thanksgiving


It being Thanksgiving in the U.S., I'm posting this a day early.

First, I'm grateful for this very blog-hop and Lexa Cain for maintaining it. You guys have been encouraging, especially during the weeks when I haven't been doing well.

Second, I love the internet. I can talk to people from around the world on everything from theology to movies to racism to writing or I can find resources on subjects I never would have known about otherwise. It is just plain amazing.


Now for the stuff that's specific to this week.

  • My brother has recently realized he's asexual. So far, our other family members have been ok with it.
  • I've been following the #4thPrecinctShutdown protest in Minneapolis, and so far, no one has been killed despite being shot at.
  • For the first time in a while, I went to my local library and used bookstore. I was looking for craft books, and I found plenty.

Have a good weekend and a happy Thanksgiving.

© 2015 by M.R.R.

13 comments:

Sharon Himsl said...

We can always find something to be thankful for, one reason I love this holiday.
Happy Thanksgiving!

T.F. Walsh said...

I love how many people I've met online... so many amazing people as well:) Happy Thanksgiving.

M.R. R. said...

Thanks for stopping by ladies. Hope you're having a good weekend.

Tanya Miranda said...

Oy, the internet is something definitely worth being thankful for, just in keeping in touch with family all over the world and making new friends who I would otherwise never have met. Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!!

M.R. R. said...

@ Tanya Miranda
Yes to everything you just said.

Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said...

Glad you found helpful things on the internet. Hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving and have a nice weekend.

Suzanne Furness said...

It is sometimes hard to remember how things were before the internet! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Lexa Cain said...

Like you, I'm so grateful for the internet for the things it teaches me and the people I can connect with. I'm so glad you found things you wanted at the Library and used bookstore - those were my favorite hang-outs as a kid! It's good your family is accepting your brother no matter what his orientation is. Have a great weekend! :)

T. Drecker said...

The internet has changed so many things, but the best is the ability to keep closer connections. Hope your Thanksgiving went well!

M.R. R. said...

@ Deanie and Suzanne
Thanks.

@ Lexa
The internet and books are some of my favorite things. And I'm glad for my brother.

@ T. Drecker
Thanks.

Kate Larkindale said...

So glad your family is understanding of your brother. Telling family members can be one of the hardest things and having a supportive family makes everything that much easier.

M.R. R. said...

@ Kate
That's what I've been getting. He's happy that he realized what was going on with him.

Julia Thorley said...

I've been following an internet chat about the downside of Facebook etc, but I wouldn't be without it. As for your brother's revelation, it's nobody's business but his. Good wishes to him.