Project Wonderful ad

Friday, January 20, 2017

Trump Is President...

Content notes:Donald Trump and friends, links containing mentions of domestic violence, descriptions of sexual assault, slurs, racism, including antisemitism, and more

Trump's now in office.

He's going to screw things up. And I hope it'll be in a way that will show his supporters just how bad a decision they made.

But they won't be the ones who will suffer the most. I'm worried about the people he'll hurt on the way down.

The Jews harmed by the increase in Nazi sympathies.

The Muslims and Mexican immigrants who will be deported just because they're the current scapegoats.

I'm worried about my own ability to find treatment for my increasingly debilitating mental illness because of Trump and crew's terrible views on mental illness, as well as recent legislation that would take away my autonomy.

I'm worried about how the internet spaces I spend my time in will stay active, because Trump opposes net neutrality.

And there's so much more.

I have absolutely no patience for people who say we should give him a chance or we have nothing to be scared of. We've seen what he has done over the course of his career, and it's awful. We've seen the kind of people he's putting in power, and they're awful.

I don't know what to do. Every new thing I hear about Trump and his administration just makes me feel overwhelmed.

© 2017 by M.R.R.

2 comments:

Sheena-kay Graham said...

I am so sorry that you feel overwhelmed. Do your best to find a space where you'll find support and follow legislation closely so you can find alternatives if sadly Trump does come through on destroying the great health benefits Obama created. Again I am so sorry.

M.R. R. said...

@ Sheena-kay Graham
Thank you for the kind words.